Pan-Roasted Sizzling Shrimp
Three different kinds of sweet and hot peppers are combined in this pretty shrimp dish: a red bell pepper for color and sweetness, a green Anaheim Chile pepper with a mild amount of heat, and spicy jalapeño for a bit of punch.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1 fresh Anaheim chile, seeded, cut into thin strips
- ½ jalapeño chile, cut lengthwise, cut into thin strips
- ½ small onion, cut into thin strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add shrimp; sauté until outside is pink but center is still translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, both chiles and onion; sauté until peppers begin to brown and shrimp are opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cumin; stir to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.