Pots De Crème
The best and easiest Pots De Crème you’ll ever make—and eat!
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup half and half
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- Place chocolate in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk yolks, sugar and salt in another bowl until combined. Whisk in heavy cream and half and half. Transfer a pot. Cook over medium-low heat stirring constantly with a rubber heat-proof spatula until thick and custard-like.
- Immediately pour through a fine-mesh strainer over the chopped chocolate, letting stand until chocolate is melted about 3 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into 10 espresso cups. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with whipped cream.