Peanut Butter Bars
A quick and easy spin on a classic recipe!
- ½ cup (4 ounces/1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, and peanut butter with a portable mixer. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix well. Stir in the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Spread into the prepared pan, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.