Prosciutto Pear Grilled Cheese
A quick and easy spin on a classic recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 4 Prosciutto slices, sliced thin
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese (Italian Blue Cheese)
- 2 Bosc or Bartlett Pears
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature (as needed)
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Fry Prosciutto pieces until crispy to make salty Italian bacon. Set aside on a paper towel to drain and cool. Set pan aside.
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, blend together cream cheese and blue cheese until thoroughly combined and softened. The cheese needs to be easily spreadable.
- Peel, core and slice pears into thick slices. Set aside.
- Spread cheese mixture onto both bread slices. Place pear and crispy Prosciutto in the middle (this prevents the pears from tuning the bread soggy). Close up sandwiches and butter both outer sides of the bread.
- Reheat pan from before and “grill” the sandwiches until golden brown on the outside. Cheese should be soft on the inside.
- Slice in half on the diagonal and serve warm.