Southwest Jalapeño Corn Bread Stuffing
A quick and easy spin on a classic recipe!
- 4 cups fresh baked corn bread, crumbled, dried
- 4 cups baguettes, cubed, dried
- 1 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1½ cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- ¼ cup fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups turkey or chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl combine corn bread and cubed baguettes.
- In large skillet sauté sausage, cook for 5 minutes and add celery and onion. Cook until vegetables are tender and no pink in sausage.
- Combine with cornbread mixture.
- Add salt, poultry seasoning, sage, jalapeño peppers, eggs, and broth. If mixture is to dry, you may add more stock.
- Spoon into lightly greased casserole dish and bake covered at 325°F for 45 to 50 minutes.