Spicy Asian Grilled Shrimp
The bold flavors that come together in this marinade take very little time to enhance the flavor of these grilled shrimp. This dish is best suited with a relatively plain rice dish that allows for the showcasing of the Asian flavor profile.
- 3 pounds shrimp, peeled, cleaned, and butterflied (21/25 count)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice (Grate the ginger and squeeze out the juice)
- 4 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 4 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil.
- Combine the shrimp with the marinade ingredients and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- While shrimp is marinating, pre-heat the grill on the highest setting
- Shake any excess marinade from the shrimp and place them onto metal skewers, or bamboo skewers that have been pre-soaked in cold water (to avoid burning)
- Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- Serve at once.