Warm Spinach Salad with Parmesan
For a change from Parmesan, try another hard cheese like Pecorino, aged Manchego or aged Gouda
- 2 6-ounce packages fresh baby spinach
- 1 small head of radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Combine spinach and radicchio in large bowl.
- Bring oil, vinegar, wine and shallot to simmer in large saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Immediately pour dressing over salad. Cover bowl with foil and let stand 5 minutes.
- Toss salad to coat. Divide among plates. Sprinkle with nuts and shaved Parmesan.