Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breast, cubed (6oz ea)
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup shallots, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil. Add chicken to the mixture and marinate for ½ hour. Remove chicken from the marinade and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in a wok; add ginger, garlic and shallots. Stir-fry until shallots are soft 1 to 2 minutes; add chicken pieces, cook until chicken is opaque. Remove and reserve chicken mixture.
- Clean wok; add the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut oil. Add mushrooms and green onions, cook until lightly brown, then add water chestnuts and broccoli florets; stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add oyster sauce, the chicken marinade and the reserve chicken mixture; stir well while cooking for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cashews.
- Fill romaine lettuce with the chicken cashew mixture long ways and eat like a hot dog.
Note: You can serve with steamed rice. The filling also makes a great topping for a Chinese Chicken Salad.