Curried Couscous and Garbanzo Bean Salad
Cutting the vegetables into small pieces so they cook quickly makes this salad come together in no time.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2¼ cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups small pieces assorted fresh vegetables (such as 2 cups each broccoli florets, cauliflower florets and thinly sliced carrots)
- 1 10-ounce box couscous
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- ½ cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1¼ cups crumbles feta cheese (about 7 ounces)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Stir curry powder in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat until fragrant and toasted, about 1 minute. Mix in 2¼ cups water and salt. Add vegetables. Bring to boil; cover and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Mix in couscous. Cover and let stand until couscous softens, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer couscous mixture to large bowl. Mix in garbanzo beans, oil, vinegar, and ginger. Cool to room temperature. Add feta and green onions; toss. Season with salt and pepper.