Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Cheese Salad
Burrata, a luscious treat, is fresh mozzarella filled with cream and mozzarella curds. If you are unable to find it, use fresh whole-milk mozzarella.
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes (about 2½ pounds) or 4 to 5 large tomatoes
- Fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil leaves plus whole leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 2.5-ounce rounds burrata cheese
- Cut tomatoes into wedges and place in large bowl. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and pepper. Crush oregano between palms to release flavor; add to tomatoes. Add ¼ cup torn basil leaves and olive oil; mix well. Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Place 1 Burrata cheese round in center of each plate. Fan tomatoes around cheese, dividing equally. Drizzle with dressing from bowl. Garnish with basil leaves.