The best and easiest Kale Salad you’ll ever make—and eat!
- 3 bunches kale, divided use olive oil as needed
- Salt and Pepper as needed
- 1 small delicate or other hard squash, halved
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups olive oil
- ½ cup Marcona almonds, toasted
- Remove the middle sterm from all the kale, ensuring that the leaves are dry. Layer 1 bunch of kale on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in a preheated oven at 325 ° F for 15 to 20 minutes until crispy. Set aside.
- Lay squash, cut-side up on a sheet tray and divide butter among the halves. Toss together cinnamon, black pepper, brown sugar, salt and clove; sprinkle on squash and roast in preheated oven at 375 ° F for about 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from skin, slice into 2-inch squares and set aside.
- Whisk together buttermilk, red wine vinegar and mustard and slowly add olive oil to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
- To plate, divide crispy kale and raw kale on plate with squash and almonds. Drizzle with dressing.