Raw Beet & Sweet Potato Salad
Amazing fresh Raw Beet and Sweet Potato Salad with scallions, pepitas, and garlic lime dressing.
This is not your average beet salad!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch beets, 3-4
- 4 scallions
- ½ cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Garlic Lime Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Zest of one lime
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice from 1-2 limes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the sweet potatoes and beets. Then use a spiralizer to cut the veggies into long curly strips. Use a pair of kitchen shears to cut the pieces into manageable lengths.
- Mix the beet and sweet potato ribbons together in a large bowl. Then cut the scallion tops on an angle to make long rings. Sprinkle the salad with scallions and pepitas.
- Serve with your favorite vinaigrette or try with the Garlic Lime Vinaigrette.
Garlic Lime Vinaigrette:
- Pour all ingredients into the jar with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon ground pepper.
- Screw the lid on tightly and shake until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.