Summer Vegetable Salad
Can be doubled. Ground Cumin adds a touch of exotic flavor to this fresh vegetable salad.
- 2 small zucchini, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or ¾ teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Steam Zucchini and summer squash until just tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain well. Transfer to medium bowl. Add mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Whisk mustard and vinegar in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Add oregano and cumin. Add Dressing to vegetables; toss to coat.
- Season salad with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature and serve.