New Potato and Asparagus Salad
Can be doubled: The addition of asparagus makes this the perfect springtime potato salad.
- 3 medium red new potatoes (about 17 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Cook asparagus in large pot boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain. Rinse under cold water to cool. Cut potatoes into wedges.
- Cut asparagus into 1½-inch pieces. Toss vegetable together in large bowl.
- Whisk Mustard and lemon juice in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Pour over vegetables. Add chives and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve salad warm or at room temperature.