Spiced Carrot Salad
Carrots cooked until just tender take on a Moroccan accent in this salad.
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 5 large carrots (about 1½ pounds), peeled, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- Finely chop garlic in processor.
- Add cilantro, oil, lemon juice, ginger and cumin. Process until well blended.
- Cook carrots in medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.