Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad with Fresh Cilantro
This makes perfect use of summer’s fresh corn and tomatoes. To safely cut kernels from the cob, cut off one end and stand the cob on its cut end in a large shallow bowl (this way you’ll catch both juices and the kernels). Using a large knife, work downward toward the work surface, cutting close to the cob.
- 10 ears of corn, husked
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Cook corn in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain; cool to room temperature. Cut corn kernels from Cobs.
- Transfer corn to large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss to blend.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.
Do Ahead: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally.