Cheesy Ham and Macaroni
Become a hero with your kids when you serve this creamy combination of cheese, ham and macaroni. Better yet, invite your kids to help you make it. Serve with apple slices.
- 1 1.8-ounce package white sauce mix
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup American cheese, cubed
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked according to directions, drained
- 1½ cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Thaw the frozen peas. In a large saucepan stir together white sauce mix and milk.* Following package directions, cook until thickened. Stir in cheese and pepper. Add macaroni, ham and peas and cook, stirring until heated through. Serve hot.
*If you want to make a white sauce from scratch, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan. Stir in ¼ cup flour and cook until mixture bubbles. Stir in 2 cups milk and cook, stirring until thickened.