Sour Cream-Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
The perfect accompaniment to corned beef and cabbage.
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold or russet potatoes
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup prepared white horseradish
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well; cool slightly.
- Peel. Place in large bowl, and mash potatoes; return to same pot.
- Stir over medium heat until potatoes are dry, about 2 minutes.
- Stir butter into potatoes. Gradually mix in sour cream, then chives and horseradish.
- Season potatoes top taste with salt and pepper.