California Avocado Caprese Salad
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, each cut into ¼-inch slices
- ¼ cup lemon-scented olive oil
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Place avocado slices in shallow bowl and dress with lemon juice, making sure all slices are coated.
- On individual salad plates, layer tomato slice, fresh basil leaf, mozzarella slice and avocado slice. Repeat with a second tomato slice, fresh basil leaf, mozzarella slice and avocado slice alongside. Drizzle with lemon-scented olive oil and sprinkle capers over all. Repeat process for each plate
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or large size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.